View Single Post
Old 21st August 2019, 09:42 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
I'm struggling to find anything quite the same from any of my electronics suppliers. I'm sure that particular battery configuration used to be quite common but it looks like nobody stocks it any more.

I think I would probably just check the dimensions and make my own battery 'pack' instead, using something like this (assuming that has the correct dimensions). You'd need to tape (or, preferably, heatshrink) 2 of those together and solder wires to them instead. Don't solder directly to the battery though; some batteries have been known to explode when exposed to excessive heat from a soldering iron.
I found this battery too, but the pins are the wrong orientation and there should be 2 on each side. I don’t really think I can be bothered with making up a battery pack (I’m not the best with a soldering iron!) and I’m not sure that it would fit into the horn if I did. I think it’s all too much trouble for a feeble chirp that no-one would pay any attention to.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).