View Single Post
Old 20th February 2020, 04:29 PM

Default "Telephone not installed" on MMI display

Hi there again. So i get the "Telephone not installed" message on my MMI display when I press the "TEL" button. In VCDS I get "no response from the controller" and during auto-scan it says it cannot be reached. I did a Optical Bus Diagnostic test in VCDS and it shows "ERROR" on both electrical and optical.

So I thought it was a bad module(below the driver's carpet) so I switched it out with a known working one but still the same problem. There's 12V coming through the connector but shouldn't there be a red light coming out from the MOST connector when the ignition is on? Could it be a break in the MOST loop? But shouldn't I get a response from the module in VCDS if there's power to it? The fuse is OK.

Also, if there's a break in the MOST-loop, shouldn't all modules in that loop stop working then? I've one more that shows "ERROR" and that's "1E - Media Player 2". Don't know which one that is

Anyone got some insight? I'm assuming that the "Voice Control" is connected to the Telephone module because that is not working either

D3 4.2 2003

And I promise I'll introduce myself. I'm waiting to take a full picture of the car. Right now it's in the garage, which it has been since I bought it Not funny though