View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Powder-coating wheels is a cheap and nasty shortcut to a proper paint process IMO. You lose a lot of definition in the detail because the powder goes on so thick, and because its basically a layer of plastic it flakes off in large chunks if it gets damaged.

Whether you can diamond-cut really depends on how many times it's been done before. On the 20" wheels its very obvious when a wheel has been cut too many times as the fillets at the edge of the spokes start to disappear towards the centre. Once they have gone at the centre, the caps stick out from the wheel surface in a very awkward fashion.

Post a pic of one of the wheels and I can point out where this happens and whether yours have any more room for cutting

Personally, I'd just wet-paint them Avus silver
Hi Mikki, they've not been refurbed before so I think i should be OK getting these back to as close as factory as possible. The toss up was between powder coat and DF but i think based on what you say, the 150 additional will be worth it. I need new centre caps also so that adds another 200 for 4 new OEM ones off Audi...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6732.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	406.4 KB
ID:	21653