View Single Post
Old 19th July 2018, 02:25 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Default Alternator Air Guide Part Numbers

Had a bit of an alternator rigmarole lately when a recently fitted (~3 month old) genuine Audi alternator failed suddenly.

I won't bore you all with the lengthy details except to explain that, due to Audi bureaucracy/procedures, a shortage of time and the difficulty in finding another alternator, I ended up with another brand new alternator (fitted) and my faulty (nearly new) alternator repaired (at my own expense, despite being under warranty still).

Interestingly (and perhaps the reason a new alternator at a reasonable price was so hard to find), any search for the original alternator part number (077903015P) returns results for Lamborghini Gallardo alternators, which seem to sell for silly money on Ebay.

So, getting back to the alternator air guide ...

I'm not sure how important the air guide is but presently it isn't fitted. Despite having the correct part number, the new alternator has a slightly different design, with the air intake entering from below instead of the side, and there's no way to rotate it.

Looking at the parts catalogue, it seems there were two different designs of air guides, one of which appears to attach to the bottom of the alternator. However there seems to be no part numbers listed for these (on the online catalogue at least). Does anyone here have the part numbers?

Link to the relevant page is here: http://www.realoem.me/Audi/RDW/A8Q/2.../903/903080#21

It looks like I need parts numbered 20 - 23 here:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alternator.PNG
Views:	617
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	19805  
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 19th July 2018 at 02:27 PM.