View Single Post
Old 6th April 2016, 08:40 AM

Totally agree mate
I Had the same issue looking for mine and the one before.
I like the sport models as they come with a good standard spec to start with, the seats are superb i cant put up with the standard ones they dont give enough thigh support imo. But when i started looking for a 4.2 finding a sport short wheel base was bloody hard, i could only find 4 and the price differences were eye watering. Audi also had started supplying the lwb in sport spec later in the model run.
As for the fully loaded adverts the sodding dealers dont have a clue, although occassionally that can work in your favour if they dont know the value of certain options. I even contacted Audi for a spec breakdown on my car and they got it all wrong. Missing off things that i knew were fitted and were options.
The only good news i had was it mentioned a service pack, so after a bit of digging i discovered the car has the optional service pack so all paid for for the next three years....no one told me though and i had to contact vw financial services to sort out the change of owner....and the previous owner was Audi uk !

I just set a minimum spec i will accept and anything else is a bonus. Sadly most D4's i saw seem to have a fairly basic spec where the dealers have been just registered cars for their sales targets, where the D3 was often well spec'd. And the poverty spec ones are not easy to move on when the time comes. Again just my oppinion.
Cheers
Glyn
A8 3 litre sport till 2016
Short walk on the MB dark side
A8 3 litre sport from 2010 to 2012