View Single Post
Old 7th April 2019, 10:06 PM

That’s interesting reading MJ. Appreciate the insight

I’ll be honest I was thinking the C5 RS5 swap would be easiest (although the one I least want) due to the base engines being so similar. I’m sort of glad you’ve mentioned it’s not straight forward as I’m looking to whittle down the list to 2 if I go ahead with the plan.

The D3 engine was always an over optimistic choice purely based on its size. It would sound nice but I’m not sure it would feel “that” much faster than the V8...I could be wrong as I’ve never driven one but the sensation from a big lump and turbo is like a mule kick from behind which the NA engines can not replicate.

The 5 pot Rs3 engine is transverly mounted - not sure if it could be adapted? That lump with s DSG would be immense but I don’t know if I could mentally get over having “just a 5 cylinder” engine in such a big car?

The D4 S8 engine is the one that excites me the most. How do you know it mates up to a manual gearbox? Has someone transferred one in to a car already you’ve seen?

The 2.7 TT engine from the B5 S4/RS4 C5 allroad is definately a close second just because of the bang per buck on them plus the switch to manual should be possible.

I’m getting excited just thinking about it.

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White