Thread: AA or RAC?
View Single Post
Old 7th July 2010, 08:37 AM

As you might be aware I had a seized caliper and i live in London and had to get it to Ben (AVP - Burton upon trent) last friday. I used to be with AA but changed to RAC since I took out their warranty & you have to be an RAC member. I called them at roughly 6:30 in the morning and they quoted the guy will be with me in 25 mins, within 10 mins I saw the RAC guy pulling into my road. He was a very nice guy, took the wheel off and tried to unseize the caliper, that did not work he gave it his all! Then I showed him my RAC warranty certificate and asked about the procedure to claim via warranty he told me to take it to the garage and then get the auth code or whatever and you should get your money back. Then he put the wheel back on but noticed it was defintiely seized and called out the recovery for the flat bed type. After 30 mins I got no call then I called RAC and asked whats going on to my amazement they told me the RAC guy who tried to get me back on the road was trying to source a caliper (as I had warranty) and was hoping to come and fix it for me, now I explained that it had to be a genuine part and the chances of them getting an S8 caliper would not be your off the shelf job. Then after a few minutes I got a call saying they could not source it and a local recovery garage (C&S) was on its way. Then after 40 mins along came a jolly chap who took me from london to burton it was a boring journey as im not into politics but he was and he felt as though he had to get things off of his chest! Anyways he was a decent bloke overall. They took a bit longer as they were a local recovery guys but all in all it got me to Ben safely. I was happy with them this time!