View Single Post
Old 29th June 2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Looks nice, lot of money for an A6 though, and a 5 year old one at that - You'd be able to get a 3.0 Tdi A8 for that sort of money, surely, even if it has a few more miles on it ?

Lack of Bose would annoy me, and its a real bind to retrofit. Leccy seats I can live without as i'm the only one that drives my car, and its usually faster (but less cool) to shift seats manually anyway !

a8parts are actively moving into the C6 market, so if you had one of these, spares wouldnt be far away - They've been doing the C5 for years now, along with the D3....
Ian, if you've seen a better A6 3.0 TDI for less money, then please do point me in the right direction, I have scoured autotrader, audi.co.uk, pistonheads and ebay and this is the cheapest sub-60k 06 plate in the country, and anything even close to this price is definitely not a one previous meticulous retired owner, which is evident looking around the car.

I imagined retrofit Bose would not be a big deal, so I stand corrected on that one, but surely can't be too difficult to simply swap out just the speakers for better ones?

Good to know on the parts, will almost certainly be on the market for the wooden centre console thingy that surrounds the gear selector, as this has a scratch in it, though it might polish out, and eventually a set of 19"s