View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
I heard other people say it only comes on with the ignition.
There is no ignition controlled 12v in the boot
dognmonkey website shows how you can use a relay and take a trigger off the reversing camera module if you have it.
http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/how-t...udi-a8-d3.html
That's interesting as the donor vehicle owner said he wired it on the LHS where the DVD etc sit. There is also a 12v socket in the boot (I think) so wouldn't that be ignition controlled?

I think you're correct in that the fridge would indeed only work when ignition is on which is probably a bit pointless but it's just one of those stupid things I wanted

There is a magnet in the fridge door which is acting as a switch for something...I can't see it cutting the power when open but I think this is to operate the interior rear lights when open. Will have another read of the instructions and see which circuit are tapping into.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder