Thread: On the hunt...
View Single Post
Old 24th April 2015, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the input guys.

I prefer the grey/black colour combo myself - although each is a beautiful car.

The silver one has led a pampered life, iv been in contact with its previous owners and its definitely running MRC stage 1 at the very least - so that 480 bhp and a Milltek exhaust (that's 850 quid remap and 1200 quid exhaust, as well as 1k bilstein coilovers) 2 of the 3 previous owners have said its mint & the best RS6 they've owned.
Im not sure of the calibre of said gearbox rebuild or the extent of it.
My head says the silver one- if it had black leather and 100% quality gearbox rebuild I wouldn't think twice about it.
The other issue is that i dont think the owner of the silver car knows about the stage one tune and exhaust as he never mentioned them in thee advert.

On the other hand, the Grey one is also a beaut. Iv been in contact with one of the previous owner who conforms a gearbox rebuild which he got done, he spent a fortune on it, its got MTM ecu, MTM tcu - detuned to 515bhp from the possible 525 as to not blow up the gearbox(probably the best part of 2-3k) again, milltek exhaust - running the original DRC (not a massive issue), another owners club car but has been driven harder and maybe not pampered as much.
My heart says this one...

Im looking at the silver one on Saturday, and if I don't buy it I suspect it will be gone in a flash if I don't buy it - and its quite nearby.

The grey one is 200 miles away and will require a day off work and a loooong journey to go look at it and bring it back IF its to my taste - at which point the silver one will more than likely be gone.

Both cars are about the same price - so im kinda stumped on what to do....do I go for the silver one in the expectation that the grey one wont be as good or do I gamble & hold off til I see the grey one??....

@brian - I can barely afford one never mind 2!!

So - im stuck between a rock and a hard place!!