View Single Post
Old 11th November 2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I believe the issue with new registrations is that the responsibility for approving new users lies in the hands of the forum owners, a business, and quite rightly so, they want to control this aspect of things, as how this forum comes across to others reflects on that business.

There are several moderators on the forum, and has been evident for me over the past seven years, that they have done an admirable job in maintaining a highly effective and welcoming forum. As HPsauce alluded to, the vast majority are well behaved, but occasionally there is a need for a moderator to step in. In my seven years here, I've only seen one member banned, one post where they were asked to 'tone it down' and a couple of threads locked. Long may it continue that way.
Nicely put Sean - and it's free to members, too

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.