Thread: Wheel bearings
View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:49 AM

I'm surprised that dealers have so much work with how much they charge and arrogance as you say , a good independent can do just as good of a job and they want your work , it's all about reputation ...indies thrive on it ......do a good job you tell a couple of other folk .....do a bad job and you tell lots of folk .

Just going off on a tangent here ......our trade has a terrible reputation ....so many bad / rip off garages out there , we all get tarred with the same brush for the most of it .

Is it a surprise ? A trade with no regulation / accreditation.....any average Joe can go rent a unit, get a monkey wrench and a socket set and start fixing cars with no qualifications to do so what so ever " well I used to fix my Lambretta when I was a kid so I know a bit "
But if your a gas engineer ....an electrician even a barbers shop for gods sake !! there is regulation , certifications of competency in place that you have gained a certain level

Car repair ....don't need any of that , go buy a ting tong ball joint for your 2 1/2 ton Range Rover from eblag get it fitted by the cheapest monkey in town ..... bent over nails used as split pins ....if your lucky that is !!........
Few days later ball joint pulls out , car looses control , slings itself across the road and crashes maybe kills someone ...... mmmmmm regulation needed ?? Nah!
I've been thinking of changing trades ..... Anyone got a barbers chair a comb and some dubbers for sale ........ hehehe

Lee
Frustrated spanner monkey ....