View Single Post
Old 21st November 2011, 05:39 PM

Thanks, net cost just under a grand including 5 wheels, tyres (1 part-worn as spare), fitting, paint/lacquer & materials. Plus a couple of hours refurbishment effort by me,
In case you think the car looks a bit odd, low at the front and high at the back, it's not when on level ground (which it isn't in the photos).

The driveway it's on is best described as "twisted" being near-flat where the front wheels are but sloping up significantly to the offside where the rear wheels are. You just can't see that for the low wall.
If you could see the drivers side it would be the converse, riding high at the front and low at the back.

By the way, the tyre guy was "on the limit" (a bit of body lifting by hand) trying to squeeze his inflatable jacks underneath and observed "these big Audis aren't half low".
I guess he hasn't seen the half of it as mine's just a standard S8, no additional lowering.

The wheels actually have quite a lot of detailed differences if you look closely, but otherwise are indistinguishable despite the different size.
I'm betting SWMBO won't notice........

Last edited by HPsauce; 21st November 2011 at 05:45 PM.