Thread: Brake Pads ...
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Pagid make oem pads for some cars in Germany. Anything bought outside the dealer network will be 'pagid' from euro car parts, who own the brand name in the UK and will flog you stuff made in China which has a generally poor reputation for longevity and quality

I'd try Murray's to see what they can get (sometimes oem on newer stuff) or try your local TPS to see if you can get a discount on the genuine pads. Supply the pads you want to the independant and don't rely on kwik fit unless they are buying the parts from the main dealer. I expect there will be a statement along the lines of 'oem quality' which effectively means pattern parts from damn near anywhere they fancy
I'll ping QF and ask them what brand of pads they are putting in the car. I'm in for a "free" brake check, so if I'm not happy I just won't authorise any further work. I'll give the alternate garage a ring and see if they can recommend a decent alternative and see what they say.

BTW: Thanks for the Pagid info, I guess it makes sense. Is there any reason why a decent pair of pads would cost £225?

Last edited by Stevie; 23rd January 2014 at 07:20 AM.