View Single Post
Old 7th May 2016, 06:13 AM

There isnt a time limit to reject a car as such, and i am on day 2 (as of monday coming) as far as anyone is concerned. obviously the sooner you reject the better, but im still well within my rights, and the finance company are already aware of the situation which makes it easier for me. and i will be talking to oscar.

But i like to be fair, Oscar is partially responsible by lack of pre preperation on the car etc. I have no doubts i can still reject it easily without to much fuss. and having only had it for 24 hours i havent yet even tried every feature of the car.

these things happen even on brand new cars, the main fault here is with Audi. IF the pump which is very rare according to them has really gone, 27 days to fix is still an unbelievable amount of time.

The current position/excuse is - we were moving the car back in to the workshop to apply the software update and a pipe ruptured (its one of those hard pipes look to be made out of metal) - when there is no pump it puts a much greater strain on the rest of the system and the pipe burst.

Im not an expert on mechanics as most of you know. so whether this is likely or possible i dont know yet. the cynic in me is saying that there is a far greater likelyhood of the pipe being the main (only) cause of the problem and the pump was never at fault.

When you consider that i was driving at the time and it went from normal steering to no steering in a second, no warnings no degradation of steering functions etc. It would seem to me that a pipe off or ruptured is by far much more likely than a steering pump.

what do you think - are my assumptions correct. is there a greater strain on other parts of the system? is what they say posiible/probable.

As it stands i will get the car back on monday after the free MOT being done by them and the new pipe fitted.

Whether or not the pipe or pump is at fault there has been a catalog of errors here . and 27 days
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom