View Single Post
Old 1st November 2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
I've seen the videos ad it doesn't look too bad...Did you remove the upper arms or undo the big nut and remove it that way? Still deciding whether to buy the bag or complete strut.
Yes, I detached the upper arms from the car and left them attached to the strut.
Rather than cut off, I broke the electrical connector off by making it cold (upside down aerosol to freeze it) and then crushed it. This leaves the pins on the wires and new connector housings are easily bought on ebay and the pins clicked in.
Some people suggest loosening the big nut (42mm?) while it's on the car but it was not possible for me, I wasted a lot of time trying including grinding all around the socket to make it fit in the aperture - I think the angle of attack is not perpendicular enough. Off the car, the big nut needed an impact wrench and I had to take it somewhere to get it loosened. After that is not to difficult and there is plenty of instructions online such as on dognmonkey youtube channel. But there are no official instructions as it is not a repair ever done at dealers.