View Single Post
Old 26th September 2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Tony View Post
OK, I did a quick Google and it appears there is a company in the UK that can regas struts through the mail - SGS Engineering UK.

They just got back to me and said they can supply new struts for £41.14 for the pair, or regas mine for £29.16 (£9.50 per strut, £5.30 postage + VAT), which includes return postage. They have to inspect the struts to ascertain whether or not they can be regassed.
Well for some reason SGS no longer regas struts for power boots. Reasoning was a bit strange, saying something along the lines of you can't just regas to xNm and it will work, there are a lot of other things involved. Here was their reply

Quote:
Good morning,

Thank you for your enquiry. This is not a product that we manufacture or re gas.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future as we have a large variety of products and are always adding to our range which can be viewed at the link below:

http://www.sgs-engineering.com
I think people have had theirs regassed in the past and it hasn't solved the problem so they have then blamed SGS for not doing their job properly, where as the failure could be the motor etc
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder