View Single Post
Old 8th December 2020, 09:06 AM

Default Unblocking drains DEFINITIVE THREAD

Right then, car has just passed the MOT for another year which is all good, however I’ve got the car booked in for Friday because the passenger carpet was damp and there’s a damp smell in the car. The foam underneath was quite wet but not utterly sodden so may have just caught it before I get a swimming pool.

So, it looks like one or more of my drains is blocked. I’ve looked at the common faults thread on here and found the Quattroworld link detailing the drains: https://forums.quattroworld.com/a8/msgs/18945.phtml

Forgetting Botang’s hole, how many actual drain points are there? Exactly where are they? And what colour are they? Are there 5, 6, 7, 8 drain points??? And which nipples can be totally removed and which ones need to stay (and just be cleaned). I ask this because there doesn’t appear to be a DIFINITIVE drains guide anywhere. Yeah, sure, I’ve searched exhaustively on here and found myriad posts about water ingress but they’re all referring to assorted and differing drains.

Realistically, how much labour would checking/unblocking all the drains cost?

I wanna nip this in the bud (or is that nip this in the nipple, if you will..). Maybe get a nippleectamy or 3 lol. However, my mental health hasn’t been fantastic recently, it’s freezing cold and damp and I don’t have a nice warm garage either - hence booking it in.

My local guy is pretty good but I wanna go in there armed with the knowledge of all the points so he can do the work. I wish to high heaven that I lived nearer to D2Doctor or Unit20 or the like but unfortunately I’m nowhere near - I’ve used this chap a couple of times and he’s actually pretty good. He sorted a tricky problem on my other car and didn’t charge me the earth to fix it.

Forgive all the questions - but there is unclear info - for example in the Quattroworld post above, it mentions more than 2 sunroof drains, front and rear of the vehicle - so does that mean there are 4 for the sunroof??? You get the idea why I’m asking.

If there isn’t a definitive drains thread then I really do think it’s high time there is one, i.e. this thread - because blocked drains on this car are are so ridiculously common and problematic.

Thanks chaps and chapesses