Thread: Blocked Drains
View Single Post
Old 21st October 2013, 10:10 AM

Default Drains

After seeing some of the horror storys about flooded interiors I had a look at mine.

I first had the trims off in the engine bay around the windscreen and it was like a garden in there dead leaves and **** so i hoovered as much as i could out with the detail attachment on the hoover.

I then carefully poured some water in both sides and it was running out the bottom of the car so hopefully they are ok, i don't have access to a ramp so cant do the same as in this thread.

I then had a look at the sunroof gutter and there was a lot of dust debris so i cleaned that out with a brush and the hoover.

Once it was clean i got my bug spray bottle and slowly filled the gutter with water, and the drains were blocked.

I tried poking a flexible wire down the front tubes but couldn't get the water to clear away.

I then cut a piece of the hose of the bug spray bottle and attached to the end of the hard plastic tube where the spray head normally sits and it fitted perfectly into the sunroof drain and when i pressurised it I could here the tube clearing, i flushed both tubes through with about 2 lltrs of water and after doing that the gutter drained nicely.

However I cant see anyway to do the rear sunroof drains and as my drive has a slight slope on it if there is going to be any water in the sunroof gutter it will be towards the rear drains.

Does anyone have a easy solution to clearing the rear drains?

Elsa shows that they come down to the rear wheel wells but that requires pulling the wheels off and trims to get access?