View Single Post
Old 10th June 2018, 06:46 AM

Ok all.

Still have the D3, she is now due a service and MOT needs to be done next month. Cambelt change is now overdue on age and not mileage.

Next fix to be completed is the ABS ECU which has developed a fault, that is being done tomorrow at a place local'ish to me. Spoke to them on the phone yesterday, and they said no problem as they have fixed a few of these ECUs already. I am driving the car to them and they will remove, fix and reinstall whilst I wait which will take a couple of hours.

I need to get the ABS issue sorted to get it through the MOT, this in addition to a small hole in the centre section exhaust which also needs to be fixed but I've found someone who is happy to weld a patch over the hole.

I am still unemployed, so the future retention of the A8 once it has an MOT is in the balance, at the moment I don't use it and it's done just 4K miles in the last year. The drive tomorrow to North Devon will be the furthest it's been for quiet sometime.

Oh and for the first time in a very long time it took more than £100 to fill it up, partly because the last time it had a full tank was months ago.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles

Last edited by mannyo; 10th June 2018 at 06:51 AM.