View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
I think its a good price to be honest, the remap alone is about £450 - they have done 3 of my cars so far so I know that's the remap price with dyne printouts, £1050 for the rest of the work is pretty good considering there is a lot involved. The difference will be huge when you get the car back, power is night/day different

Keep me posted on it mate
Well just got the car back after leaving it with them. I haven't had a chance to drive it properly as the traffic was horrendous and it was raining. So far, so good. VRS are a top outfit, Will explained it all and even helped save some costs on a couple of small repairs I needed/had asked for. I also had them fit a strut for me so car is now very good. I cannot comment on the sound yet as I had an exhaust leak prior to the work being done so it sounds quieter lol.

The 'package' doesn't include BMC filters, I may have mis-heard but I'm not actually bothered as it's only worth it if it is modded further. The power figures are actually around stock which at first I was disappointed with however he told me they are usually around the 400bhp tops when they come in but the car is a lot more 'driveable'. I will definitely use them again.

I just about caught mine in time, I had one flap broken and sitting inside the manifold. Could have been much, much worse. If you have a V10 and you haven't had this done, then unless you have had a new manifold fitted )or intend to) then get it done. You will only regret it later if not
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder