View Single Post
Old 28th May 2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanker View Post
Not so much a problem with the central locking, but I like the setting where:
1. The horn beeps pathetically on a fob key press.
2. Windows open/close (sunroof close) - The comfort feature allowing windows to be opened or closed by holding the lock/unlock on the key fob.
3. Autolock is OFF - The car will NOT lock when you reach 15km/h and unlock when you pull the key from the ignition. I don't live in a car-jacking area.
4. Double press unlock is OFF - When it's ON, the driver's door only will unlock on the first press of the remote - 2nd press will unlock both doors.

So just a preference thing that can be set with VCDS. Sorry if you knew this already and I made it sound as though there was a problem with the central locking after the battery reset.

Thanks to you and Adrian for the tip on the windows. I never knew that.
From what I understand number two is not possible on the D2, the ECU does not support that function from the remote. You can use the key in the lock and hold in the lock position to shut all the windows and roof, or unlock to open everything except the sunroof. You can do it with the remote, but you need to install a third party solution, eg. the no longer made Alientech controller.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles