View Single Post
Old 13th February 2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I wasn't too sure of what it was worth in the condition as I wasn't aware the cost of putting the bits correct... however I've how four offers from £3.5K to £6k as well as other asking for engines and panels or parts should I decide to break it.
I do think that 3.5k is a bit low and if you can get 6k for it you should go for it. In the meantime do stand by my offer of 4.5k which I think is fair. I have had a talk with wife and while she called me mad to spend 4.5k( my previous highest spent was 2.5k on S8 followed by 2.2k on A6) on the car but I have convinced her that it is decent deal and I do have a green light now. My offer would be a subject to inspection but I can promise that I would not try to knock off any more of the price. It would be the case of either I do buy at 4.5k or don't buy it at all. It is 265 miles from me to Cornwall so I would be investing considerable amount of time and money just to go and view it, probably taking public transport with a view of driving car home and if not then taking public transport back home.

Anyhow if you are interested in my offer let me know and I can come over on Friday/Saturday most of the weeks.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure