View Single Post
Old 5th April 2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
Maybe you’ll see me in a ditch soon.

I’ve read really mixed reviews of them, so I’m trying to keep an open mind. I’ve always run decent brand tyres on my cars.

If they’re anything like the cheap brands the wife used to insist on having on her Honda, I’ll be disappointed. Slightest bit of rain and they were ditch finding.

I don’t like used tyres, and the positive reviews online and from Robert persuaded me to give them a go.
It's been a long time since I last bought cheap new set ( ~16 years), I am sure most of them have improved a lot in that time. I don't have problem buying used sets. It's not like when I buy second hand car and replace all the tyres on it straight away just because somebody used them before.

A6 currently have Michelin PA4 that I bought autumn 2017 unused old stock £200 for 4, did about 4k miles last winter and about 11k this winter, still 5-5.5mm with hard driving. Will change to summers soon and do another winter on these and still will be able to sell them on ebay with 2-3mm. But have to say I did like old PA3 better.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 5th April 2019 at 08:37 PM.