View Single Post
Old 13th April 2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I think it'd probably be wise to 'HODL' any BTC you have right now rather that use it to buy stuff.
I do not spend the BTC I have to buy stuff, instead I buy BTC to buy stuff. Say I want to buy stuff worth £100, I buy £100 worth of BTC on Wirex, then transfer to purse.io then buy the stuff I want with 32% discount, accounting for purse.io fees and spread on Wirex this means I have about £25 worth of BTC left over which I HODL. If BTC value goes to '0' , it will mean I have paid full price for the goods. If BTC goes to $20k and I sell my leftover BTC at that point it will mean I ge my money back and essentially have got the stuff for free.

Last time I spent any crypto I own was about a year ago when I sold couple of LTC when they were $180 to cover electricity costs.

Since then I have switched electricity tariff which offers free nigh time electricity, got the most of miners working on timer only on free night time tariff reducing my energy bill from £700 to £300 per month and have got extra flexible part time job that easily covers electricity bill and other extra expenses (childcare since last September) so don't need to dig in my crypto holdings (or should I say HODLings?)

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure