View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
I do the occasional long run, with quite a lot of short runs - My rented house is about 2 miles from my renovation house, so lots short runs, hence why the A8 struggled a bit I think.

The S4 was clocking up high 20's on the motorway, and like the 8, 30 is achievable with some modest driving.

Its hard to explain, but the S4 seems to free-wheel more willingly than any 8, so on a bit of downhill, or back off the throttle, and the mpg seems quite a bit higher.... I cant add any real science to that statement, but thats gut feel right now.... Not having adaptive cruise, arguably may be helping also....

Tiptronic is quoted in the brochures as having better MPG than the manual, which is quite unusual, but does seem to be the case.....
Well I just got back from a trip out with MrsH to Meadowhell with cruise set at 70 most of the way and we reached the dizzy heights of 24.9mpg!

I've never seen anything approaching 30, maybe just my heavy right foot, but seems the tip is better on fuel than the manual.