View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2013, 04:33 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Well, nearly there. Central locking now working on the boot lock - many thanks to A8 Parts for the connectors.

But not without some problems. It took a while to find the disconnected vacuum pipe form the boot mechanism. The pipe that I thought it was previously was, in fact, the wiring for the reversing camera. And it was a hell of a job getting an extra pipe through the two grommets - would have been impossible without David's help. Thanks David!

And then, when it was all connected, there was a vacuum leak! Turned out to be the rubber seal on the rod that the mechanism actuates to disconnect the boot lock when the car is locked. Luckily, I had a spare.

So, the central locking works fully and the reversing camera works again (see the photo to show installation in near side light cluster to mirror the boot lock on the off side.

BUT - I put the f*****g camera in upside down!

So, another weekend it'll all have to come out again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reversing camera.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	5712  
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).