View Single Post
Old 4th August 2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
Hi There,

I'm *STRUGGLING* with my MMI as per http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16341

I thought it was the gateway, coding or some such, but it has taken me down QUITE a rabbit hole.

I just ordered up one from ebay for about £50, which is

HW - 4E0035729A - You have 400 at the front 4E0 is typically the d3 audi.
SW - 4E0 910 732

Looking at reversing camera retrofits they are quite often swapped out for the A model, which has a green FBAS connector on it - Mine was already an A

Mine had SW 4E0 910 730

However a lot on ebay are A6's with 4F0 software but the same model number. How convertible they are i'm not sure.

I *MAY* hit component protection which is a dealer job or trying to copy a chip across - The programmer is cheap, so i've one on order
https://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/how-...ection-cp.html

I'd also add i'm VERY new to this MMI journey and i've read a lot, my head is spinning a bit, so please check stuff first to verify for yourself!

Well.....My issue was the buttons. Changed those and my MMI sprung back into life

However since i had the "new" head unit, i though i'd pop it in.....And well no music, speaker icon with a line through. The NAV voice did however work, so i'm guessing Component protection. And yes, a quick VCDS scan did show CP active!

I *THINK* there may be a different software version on the "new" head unit as i'm on 5570 looking at my old VCDS scans - I checked the coding and they WERE the same. Unsure if updating the software would unlock the CP or not.....But i've got the chip reader and i'm now curious, so will dump my rom and then transfer it to the new box and we'll see

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)