View Single Post
Old 7th September 2017, 09:34 AM

So, it's been exactly a year exactly since rescuing the beast and putting her back on the road after extensive amount of work.
Shortly after getting her all shiny a gazebo has badly scratched my both passenger doors and the chrome strip running along the roof.
I'm trying to stay away from resprays now, so It's been a while until I managed to source both doors in Daytona Grey with original paint.
In the meantime I have also bought few other bits and it looks like I will ''celebrate'' 1st year of ownership with even more work being done this month.

Here is the full list of things to do:
- tyres with new TPMS sensors and valves (already done)
- replace chrome trim along the roof
- replace both passenger doors inc swapping the wiring loom from Bose to B&O
- replace 2 door handles
- replace all 4 top door chrome trims (found an easy way without removing the window frame) - 1 already replaced
- replace all 4 soft close latches for newer version (3 of them currently not working
- replace all double glazed door glass (3 are showing signs of de-lamination, something I have noticed only on S8's with black tint version glass ???) - 1 already replaced
- replace both alu mirror covers due to few deep stone chips - already done
- swap Sport all leather seats, front and back, for Sport Alcantara seats (middle part only). Rear seats are electrics (lumbar support only) so will have to wire them in.
- service inc. engine flush, 2 oil changes and fuel filter and windscreen wipers
- replace all 4 Ceramic brakes, discs, calipers inc new bleed valves with dust caps - I've got a full set of Ceramics with 60k miles less than mine, that's good enough reason for me to swap them.
- replace both AFS II LED DRL Bi-Xenon headlights for a pair of identical lights but with 60k miles less - stone chips are one thing, but you'll be surprised how much brighter and whiter are the LEDs on the new pair - already done
- replace alternator due to slight coolant leak
- replace front suspension arms and anti-roll bar

All parts are already in the garage so all I'm missing now is few days to get it all swapped.
It's a lot of work so wish me luck.

Any advice in regards to any of the jobs ??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten