View Single Post
Old 7th September 2017, 01:55 PM

Tintin,
That's perfect, I will get it on USB stick and play it on B&O while swearing and sweating most likely when doing all this work

Matt,
I've got B&O from factory and doors I have were pre-wired for Bose system, it's not a big job at all so no dramas here. One think I've noticed is that newer soft close latches have 3 pin connectors instead of 2 pin. Same wiring, you just leave middle pin empty so it's only a matter of stripping plugs and swapping them over from the Bose version harness.

1781cc (it's been a while since I'be been on the forum and I have bloody forgot your name, sorry buddy ),
Well....yeah, initial cost is about £9k , but I'm getting money back and I get lots of stuff done plus I really get attached to the cars, don't like changing cars at all. I usually stick to the car, spend endless hours around it, I throw money in them like buckets of water and then clean them every other weekend for few hours. I find it very soothing, it gives my missus some ''space'' and I enjoy being on the driveway and around the cars a lot.
Saying that, decision was prompt by me loosing out recently on a lovely Blue well spec'd 09 plate RS6 avant. After that I've decided that's it, I'll get majority of things which annoy me sorted and will stick with her for now due to having at the minute enough expenses with planning a 2nd child, new business, holidays and all that, so buying D4 S8, which isn't V10 is not my priority at the minute - I'm happy with my car ... almost

Picked new bleed valves from Audi today for all 4 calipers today so it looks like I'm doing brakes this weekend and maybe rear door, not sure yet.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten

Last edited by M-A8; 7th September 2017 at 02:14 PM.