View Single Post
Old 12th September 2017, 09:39 AM

Joe,
Well, i think there is a slight difference between the front door and front wing, I haven't looked at it properly yet so not sure if it's just the light or maybe wing was re-sprayed before It's not in your face at all and I still need to fit the rear door.

Manny,
To be honest they both has put me off a little, S8 and previous A8, but then as always I regrouped, got my act together and started putting some serious hours in order to go thru all the jobs as quickly as possible and as many as possible.

I'm already having little troubles. After removing passenger's front wheel I've noticed grease splattered everywhere. Looks like just before I got her off road for this work to be done, inner CV boot has failed.
So front brakes are completely off same as both drive shafts due to driver side CV boot showing some worrying signs of perishing and being on the edge of failing as well.

So a pair of driveshafts in very good condition, much lower miles and CV boots in good nick as well will be fitted most likely tomorrow, just waiting for 2x new hub bolts and 12x spline driveshaft bolts from Audi.

Will get some pics and more updates by the end of the week hopefully.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten