Thread: 2004 3.0 tdi
View Single Post
Old 12th November 2018, 02:45 PM

Booked into hotel and hit the tube into town by 15:30.
Went to Tower Hill, we wanted to see all the flames at The Tower.
As we made our way to the station exit there was an incident. Never found out what but they shoved us all out into the rain and locked the station. We were sodden and the crowds were not for moving. Luckily I had an escape route through a back alley!! and led my son and the two grandsons to safety out of the crush. Managed to shepherd them to Tower Bridge so that they saw the burning thigs.
We could not get any wetter so I walked them to Aldgate, caught a tube and headed to Leicester Square. Had a nice Angus Steak dinner, cost me £170 but was worth it, we dried out whilst there. Went back to the hotel via tube.
Sunday after breakfast drove the 8 into town and along Pall Mall. Stopped at a big black gate, rang the bell, a nice young man opened the gate which allowed us to partake of a free very secure parking place in London Town. The good feeling bit was when we left to drive home the big black gates opened to allow us to drive out and all the meandering pedestrians stood back and tried to peer into my newly tinted rear windows. The kids loved it.
The parade went well and I was on camera for close to fifteen minutes but when I checked the programme last night I had been cut out.
Today I am back in the Gilslands Hotel, this time for five days.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)

Last edited by tc4332; 12th November 2018 at 02:47 PM.