View Single Post
Old 9th December 2020, 11:58 AM

having used Trupp's at EM Tuning for all my LED's since forever on a lot of Audi's i was surprised to have a bulb warning chime up for the LED sidelights...
It was borderline, sometimes it would chime, other times it would stay silent... weird!!!
So a quick email to Trupp's to ask if he'd come across it, yes came the instant reply... stick a set of resistors in...

I'd previously bought a set for my VW CC bought a pair of these from Trupp's....

all assembled and job's a goodun' no more chimes.

Onto another niggle today, since buying the A8 the windscreen washers weren't great, there was bugger all pressure and it dribbled out...
first thoughts were the jets - nope all clear

thinking it was a dying pump, strip down to investigate

normally would swap the pumps to test if a duff pump but the A8 had to have a different pump for the windscreen and headlights.... electrical connection and hose connection are both different.... bugger
So, unclipped the hose and pressed go... dribble dribble...!!! bugger
Took the pump out of the bottle and put it into a cup of water..... stupidly had the outlet point at my crotch... cue suddenly looking like i'd wet myself but the pump worked as it should.... hmmmm

It was then i remembered that previous Audi's had a filter where the pump sits in the bottle....

That'll be the issue then.....!!!

washed both the windscreen filter and the headlight filter and all built back up and now can see through a clean screen.....!!!

Last edited by 89forever; 14th August 2021 at 10:02 AM.