View Single Post
Old 10th January 2021, 01:45 PM

Well Mr Postman has been busy, parts have been slowly arriving...

I was going to tackle the brakes yesterday, as despite the cold the sun was out and it was dry.... went to prep the brake discs as these ones were uncoated and i always like to paint the unswept areas as it makes them look better for long as i cannot stand rusty, cruddy brake discs.... Having checked earlier in the week that i had plenty of satin black paint, like a knobhead i failed to check that i had the correct zinc primers.... lockdown prevented going and getting any, so will have to wait for Mr Postman and another dry weekend... Once i'd got over the tantrum i went inside and sulked....
Whilst sulking yesterday i started to look at the ECU programmer i bought, seems i need a laptop now with Windows 7, of the 3 laptops in the house all are Windows 10, so couldn't even play with that...!!!

Today i wanted to do the service. Car into service position

Under tray removed, of course it was covered in historic oil leaks, crud and just was plain manky.... I'd read on another thread how effective (and very cheap) a product called EnlbowGrease was at dissolving this type of crud. I'd attached Amazon and bought 3 squirty bottles for the amzing price of £3.00 delivered for all 3, yes that is £1 a bottle....
Bloody brilliant stuff.... was even better than my normal Rhino TFR.
I will keep an eye on this area to make sure i don't have an oil leak, the car doesn't use any oil but the engine should be oil tight....
Oil dropped, filter changed etc.... everything cleaned up underneath and rinsed down.
Air filters changed, so at least now i have a matched pair....
The pollen filter had a date stamp of 2007.... surely this would have been changed during at least a main dealer service????
It was certainly filthy under there and looked undisturbed...!!!

now all replaced and cleaned and hit with 303 to protect the plastics.

Fuel filter replaced, again with a bloody 2007 date stamp..... FFS and to bring damnation down onto me, of course i got caught in a sudden downpour

Under all the covers, it was a bit dusty and no signs of any oil leak from above... i cleaned and treated all the aluminium parts and cleaned and again hit with 303 to protect.

Even the sun came out to celebrate the finished results...!!!

One lot of jobs ticked off the list at least....!!!

Last edited by 89forever; 14th August 2021 at 10:04 AM.