View Single Post
Old 15th May 2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
It is a noticable change as I noted a couple of years back. But I would like to know exactly what it does. Does it just change the gear shift points in Drive or does it also change the Sport settings?( I cant really detect any difference in Sport). Does it change fuel/air settings or is it confined to gearbox setup?
I've been thinking of doing this with mine soon, I've noticed that when the wife is driving (mostly around town), it seems to use more fuel. I think it's because it's holding 3rd until nearly 35mph and not changing to 4th (whereas I usually drive in tip mode).

Having looked at the link in the OP www.audipages.com it looks like the xxx1x is de-activating the dynamic shift program (DSP).

There is a line that says "The dynamic index number controls how the transmission shifts. If your A8 has the stock transmission coding of 00002, then it sums dynamic index number closer to "old man mode" versus "sport mode"." So it also looks like the xxx1x is activating the "Sport Mode" which surely should be activated in an S8 by default?
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)