View Single Post
Old 17th March 2018, 08:14 PM

Temp inside garage is 20-30C higher than outside depending on wind, whether there is any sunshine and rain. After packing up gaps to reduce noise escaping from garage most of heat is conducted out through the corrugated fibre cement roof so sunshine heating up roof or rain cooling it down make big difference. Friday was dry, little wind and bright sunshine most of time so it all added up. I suppose I could add some kind of water sprayer on the roof to help cooling but neighbours will not be impressed when wind blows the spray over.

I have not made much progress with cooling/ventilation but did a bit of work today after yesterdays heat. I have replaced one of window panes with plastic panel and connected 12" 1300 cfm/400Pa intake fan with acoustic ducting. With outside temp around 0-2C today it was 22C in garage, switching the fan on it went down to 8C within couple of minutes and you could hear Antminer fans slowing down as well. The problem is that this fan makes too much noise on the outside - about 65dB so I have switched it off for now. I think the problem is that there is only about 1m of ducting betwen fan and outside vent, I put it at 90 degree angle to help with noise reduction but it seems I need a longer run between fan and outside vent in the window panel.

I will see if I can get some pictures but my garage is very messy at the best of times and now it is chock a block with stuff piled upon other stuff to make room for miners and other suff so that I am embarrassed to show it. If i can get /cut picture without showing too much embarrassing stuff I will add them, otherwise it will need to wait until I get it tidied up.

Time for some Guiness in honour of St Patricks day and try to take some pictures.🍻

Edit

Managed to get some pics without showing the mess Just for size reference the inside diameter of that ducting is 315mm.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180317_212713383.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	18168   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180317_212749504.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	18169   Click image for larger version

Name:	outside.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	18171  

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 17th March 2018 at 08:42 PM.