View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2012, 09:31 AM

had a bit of a laboured start a few days ago, this morning just a ticking noise, Mmi screen comes up slowly.

Ive long thought my battery was responsible for the "start engine within 3 minutes" message that i get now and again, but IVF said the battery was fine in january when i asked them to replace it.

baby was due yesterday, so on borrowed time and now have to decide if to replace it myself, or get the car started and get down to ivf.

What is likely to go wrong with the electrics if i change the battery without a backup power source, and anyone know what battery will fit in the D3, i want the highest power one i can get

i have vagcom so can probably fix electric errors and recode the battery myself
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom