View Single Post
Old 13th October 2015, 08:06 AM

There's some pics of mine on page 3 of this thread. The rear spacing is legal, as the top of the wheel is inboard of the arch. The fact more of the wheel is visible lower down (and hence all the crap that gets flung up by the tyre ends up on the back bumper!) doesn't matter

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6865&page=3

I get no rubbing issues even when fully laden.

I'll have to check my copy of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulatations, 1986 (as amended), which is at work, for the specific text but my understanding is that you can't have an external projection of a wheel beyond that arch line at the top. A lot depends on interpretation. If you've had any rubbing issues that have marked the tyre then they may have been picking up on that.

As above we really need pics to judge whether you're on sticky ground or not.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC