View Single Post
Old 28th December 2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
oh wait, is that the vacuum supply to the fuel pressure regulator? The regulator is the cylinder in your second pic of the first post. It should have a vacuum line connected to the opposite end to the fuel pipe.
Of Course! Thank you!

That will explain the strong fuel smell that I have been getting - mostly on cold starts. Is it normal for fuel to dribble out of there? I remember replacing the FPR on my A6 sedan and it was leaking out of that top tube pretty badly.

I think that I can go hook that up as I believe that I have some of that tubing laying around, what with owning 3 C4’s.

**EDIT - UPDATE - MYSTERY SOLVED**

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mystery_Tube_reinstalled.PNG
Views:	214
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	22642

It turns out that the rubber elbow was still installed on the FPR so I just needed to insert the wayward tube into the elbow and all is as it should be. I did not notice (obviously) that nothing was connected to the other end of the elbow on the FPR.

On my C4's this connection was by way of rubber braided hose and was only a very short trip to the manifold. I have never seen the the hard plastic tube on my other cars. Perhaps it lasts longer or something?

Last edited by C4R 100N; 29th December 2019 at 01:05 AM.