View Single Post
Old 18th September 2014, 12:06 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
No. 1 pull unlocks it, 2nd pull opens the door. If it were deadlocks, then by definition you wouldnt be able to open it from the inside at all.....
Ah, of course. Doh!

Quote:
From what you describe, its almost like the contact for 'unlock' is electrically not making it back to the central locking pump in the boot, which controls all this stuff.
But that's the puzzling thing ...

From an electrical point of view, the central locking ECU is clearly seeing the unlock contacts close/open because, with the ignition on, it unlocks the doors (which, I must say, I find bizarre!) and, without the ignition on, moving the key to the unlock position, turns on all the interior lighting.

Quote:
Welcome by the way, always nice to see new enthusiasts who are able to articulate a well constructed post
Why thank you kind sir .... I do try

I have actually posted here before ... about 4 years ago in fact, when I first purchased this car, but my user account was closed (probably due to lack of use). I've purchased countless parts from you too over the 10+ years I've owned my various '8s. Actually, I might be looking for a used, complete S8 fuel tank soon, but that's another story/thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Well mines a 2003-reg, very late (2002 built) D2 S8 and the door key is very mechanical. Suggests something broken in yours.....
Ah, brilliant, thanks for that.

In that case, maybe mine is presently working entirely electrically and whatever mechanical linkage there should be is missing, broken or fallen off. That would make sense I think.

I was kinda assuming I'd maybe screwed something up using VAG COM, but I'm guessing it probably wasn't working before that. Time to Study ElsaWin I think, see if I can see what might be missing/broken.