View Single Post
Old 12th November 2012, 07:21 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

So, I've left the central locking alone for a while whilst I focus (hee hee) on the reversing camera installation on the nearside.

First I had to cut a couple of holes in a spare n/s rear light unit to take the boot lock that I'd butchered by removing the lock barrel to take the camera instead (first 2 pics).

The camera is a very neat fit into the empty lock carrier as the second couple of pics show.

But, I had to break off part of the chrome surround as there's a bit that extends down the lock barrel and that meant I had to have the remaining part machined so that the camera would fit flush inside it (pics 5 & 6).

The last 2 pics show the camera inserted into the lock carrier and then positioned loosely into the light unit. I still have to seal it and make it sit a bit more centrally before the light unit goes back into the car, but so far it's looking pretty good I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0232.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	5251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0235.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	842.7 KB
ID:	5252   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0237.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	900.9 KB
ID:	5253   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0301.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	915.9 KB
ID:	5254   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0073.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	5255   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0076.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	5256   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0302.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	5257   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0303.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	5258  
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).