View Single Post
Old 5th January 2019, 06:23 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Comfortably Numb is my test track of choice, sounds wonderful (at appropriate volume) in a D2.

As for Dark Side of The Moon I had the good fortune/misfortune to get to one of their first performances (1973?) at Wembley Arena (Pool then IIRC) and was sat in the middle of the very front row!
It was obviously very noisy there but also very very cold from all the dry ice.
Nice!

I've never seen Pink Floyd in concert but I did have the good fortune to see Queen perform live in '86, also centre-stage and very close, though not quite front row.

Wish You Were Here (the album) used to be my test tape. I discovered Pink Floyd quite late (around the late 80s / early 90s). I was working as an Audio Visual technician at the time (mainly designing and installing board room 'media wall' video projection systems, a bit like this). I needed something to test a newly installed sound system one day and happened to find an old copy of Wish You Were Here (on cassette) while rummaging through a box of cables. It was the first time I'd really listened to Pink Floyd but I loved the album and it soon became my test tape for every AV installation. The first track on the album, 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond', is a particularly good test track because it combines a gentle, quiet start that gradually builds, which was great for testing both the clarity and power of the sound systems.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 5th January 2019 at 06:32 PM.