View Single Post
Old 21st August 2012, 02:18 AM

Well, after playing with the Cadillac lamp, I found it just won't work. I'm therefore going to be building an array on a printed circuit board using these LEDs (going to start with roughly 350 and see if that is enough/too many)

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...PybykHUWTzo%3d

I'm consulting a gentleman that's built several of these before, here's a couple different boards he's built for Acura TL lamps (a Honda product for you guys I think)

And here was a final result:

With the fluted lenses we have on the D2, light output should actually be even more even and will most definitely be very attractive. I'm going to run 50% more LEDs on the board than on the second PCB I have pictured, so, as I said, light output should be VERY even. Here in the States the rear turning signal was red as well, and I had considered running a different color in order to get an amber turn, but I'm going full red. I also may play a bit with what portions of the lamps illuminate in different combinations (i.e. the complete red portion illuminates when taillamps are powered, including the rear fog section and turn signal area, and when those are operated the intensity rises.