View Single Post
Old 15th July 2014, 07:17 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post
So? Did you get it?!
Yep

Although the sick as a parrot reference turned out to be a little too accurate! Kai threw up on way up there (diverted via North London to collect a tyre) so jane spent the rest of the day sniffing puke!

Needless to say it was on fumes so first few miles getting to nearest Shell were a bit nerve racking! Got 60 litres into a 64 litre tank so hopefully the light just gives plenty of warning lol

Drive back was ok but traffic queue for qe2 bridge was about 6 miles! Have it full beans away from the toll barriers and it really does shift! Makes a nice bang out of the exhausts on up changes

Overall really pleased - annoyed with myself as missed fact it didn't have a piece of spec I wanted (adaptive damping ) but it rides pretty well on 20s without it which is probably why I didn't notice! Wheels need a refurb but that can wait till the tyres are shot. Looking at 18 and 19" winters so will get the 20s done when they're off the car

Will look at proper detailing options after our august hols - can't see the point getting it done before 2 weeks of tiny lane driving in Cornwall!

Going to a pistonheads south east evening meet next week so will try and grab some pics with redhill aerodrome as a backdrop

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC