View Single Post
Old 5th April 2010, 11:28 AM

it definately sounds like what mine is doing....unpleasent surgey type misfire thing. Somedays worse than other. I'll list what i've swapped and that made no difference, not to say they aren't whats gone pop on yours but it'll maybe help you out.

Coil pack replaced
Ignition leads replaced
Plugs replaced
PCV pipework replaced (black trunking round engine that falls to peices)
Throttle body cleaned and reset
All vaccum pipework examined and checked (1 duff part sorted)
Vag Com scan (no faults)
Air mass meter cleaned and then disconnected (made no difference at all)
Aux air pump replaced (small black 3 armed valve from pcv to manifold)
Manifold studs checked for tightness (they sometime rattle loose)
Coolant temp sensor replaced
Many tanks of super unleaded and fuel cleaner (incase the injector was leaking due to deposits)

Nothing has changed the stutter, hiccup, hesitation,surge, gremlin call it what you like but it doesn't make any difference to the way it goes, doesn't have bad economy (well as bad as a huge car can be anyway) and frankly i can drive round it when its at its worst be increasing rpm by 200 or so.

Next on my list is timing belt as it has had one done and if they got it a tooth out it could cause an issue (though i would expect the managment system to report it) But if you find a cure please let me know.......even an expert couldn't diagnose what was wrong, just told me i'd done everything he would have and in the same order.....but being a dedicated amateur i knew that already!