View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
I guess there are marketing terms, sales terms, technical terms and variations in language.

In the UK, as Guy says, the 'feature' that uses lights on the inside of the door mirrors to warn you of traffic in your blind spot, on the side of you is called 'Side assist'.

I guess at a stretch you could argue that when you indicate, 'to change lane' if there is something in the blind spot, the light flashes brightly to warn you. If this is what folks want to believe is a 'lane change assist' feature then so be it.

None of this changes the fact that really, if you're a half decent driver and check your blind spot and mirrors before performing a manoeuvre, then really its a very pointless, verging on annoying 'feature'. Its one of those I would quite literally only have to have to fill a blank on the dash and would/did/do never use
What about if you had a freak accident when out, from doing an impression of a chicken and hurt your neck so badly that on the way home you couldn't check your blind spot?