View Single Post
Old 1st October 2019, 08:29 PM

Not done anything to it for ages.....

Pulled up yesterday after driving home from work. Went round the back to get my bag out from the boot and could smell something burning.....
First thought was it was in the air but a quick check and nope - coming from the the car. Touched all the wheels as the smell reminded me of a friction smell (if you know what I mean missus) so felt all the wheels and the offside rear was warm so either a stuck calliper or buggered bearing.

Hoping its the brakes cleared some room in the garage and lifted the rear in the air and started to dismantle the rear brakes.
Callipers looked ok but the pads not to good - last MOT suggested the rear pads would need changing in the next 3000 miles or so and was on my list to do before the end of the year.

The pulled the disk off and............hmm not good:

Ordered new pads and disks so should hopefully get these for the weekend.

All good fun

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)