View Single Post
Old 19th January 2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
The Latitude has been reverted to W10 Pro
But is now back on Windows 11 Pro AND with all my programs running fine.
For the record I've unearthed a way to upgrade in situ from Windows 10 keeping installed programs and data but bypassing the checks on TPM, Secure Boot and CPU generations.
The Latitude does actually have TPM (shipped with 1.2 but updated to TPM2.0 by me) but oddly no secure boot and the CPU is too old as well.

Details are outlined here: https://allthings.how/how-to-install...ot-or-tpm-2-0/
I used a modified version of "Method 2", copying the file install.esd from a Windows 11 ISO image into a Windows 10 installation on USB. Both downloaded from Microsoft this week.
On the Latitude, within Windows 10 Pro I just ran setup from the USB taking the option to NOT download updates during the process.
It looked like a Windows 10 update (as expected) but after a reboot Windows 11 Pro appeared and all seemed to work OK. It activated automatically and started downloading and installing updates.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 19th January 2022 at 01:22 PM.