Thread: House Work
View Single Post
Old 17th July 2014, 11:28 AM

The back garden on this house is massive.

Its something like 100 feet long and 30 feet wide.
Which is great for the dogs.
They have loads of room to run, play and fight each other (play fighting only).

But it also has a really long bush down one side and a old hickering fence thing on the right.
The younger dog is happy in the garden and don't really want to wander away to much but the else dog is a pain in the ass.
If there's a hole, gap or a chance for him to explore a neighbours garden he would take it. Never does any harm, just happy to walk around and see what they got that we don't.

We've attempted to block up any holes and potential gaps but he keeps finding them or making.
The week after the wedding we decided a enough is enough and decided to get it sorted out properly.

The bush on the left is nice and dense at the top but gappy at the bottom. We tried filling the gaps in with fence but he would just break through it. I'm not a fan of the hedge. It was starting to grow in to the garden and it would get in the way at the lower section.

We removed the bush, removed any old metal fencing from the conceret posts.

Went to a local farm supply centre to pick up 25 metres of 4foot high chain link fence. I wanted green PVC coated fence but they only had the galvanized fence. Its ok, does the job but I'm not a fan of the look. We will plant some new plants and move some plants to the border in a hope to hide the fence.

The fence is up and he's not gotten out.
Need to remove the old stumps from the bush, clean up the border (I think that's what its called) and put some new plants down.

The garden for now will have to wait till autumn when the plants die back a bit and we can start removing and cutting stuff down.
The lavender bushes need to go one weekend because the wife is allergic to them. It wont be pretty when they are gone. There's ten of them, so ten big gaps in the garden.
The fig bush/tree/plant needs to go, that's taking over the space at the back of the garage and I want that for water buts.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.

Last edited by ScottD3; 17th July 2014 at 11:39 AM.