View Single Post
Old 14th August 2020, 05:57 AM

Mike

Are you using the equipment supplied by your current ISP, or stuff you’ve bought yourself? If the latter you should be able to enter the credentials (if any are needed) to access the new service provider’s network

We moved from Virgin Media to Sky when we moved house, but I’ve got all my stuff running through an expensive Asus router, so wanted to continue with that when I realised how limited Sky’s kit is. Ended up with a BT modem which does
The handshake bit with the network and the ASUS router needed a Merlin firmware installing to allow me to enter Sky credentials that satisfy the ISP

If you do end up setting up the same WiFi access details to avoid setting up everything again, be aware it probably won’t work for all devices. Some appear smart enough to know when the source of the WiFi signal has changed and want you to re-enter passwords or delete settings before being recognised

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC